Home          About Us          Mamaroneck History          History Resources          Volunteer          Support Us          Contact Us
A celebration of the
200th Anniversary of the
1816 Schoolhouse

The 1816 Schoolhouse

(saved from demolition 20 years ago)
will be held on
Sunday, June 12th from 10 am to 5 pm at the Schoolhouse
Boston Post Road at Harbor Island Park

A Welcoming Ceremony will be held at 12:30 p.m. include those involved in saving the Schoolhouse -- remarks by former State Senator Suzi Oppenheimer, Village Historian Gloria Pritts, former Town Supervisor Valerie O’Keeffe, Assemblyman (and former ass’t. to Suzi Oppenheimer) Steve Otis, -- and current local leaders:  County Legislator Catherine Parker, Town Supervisor Nancy Seligson and Mamaroneck Village Mayor, Norman Rosenblum.  Talks on the history of the Schoolhouse and the history of Education in Mamaroneck will be given by former president Bill Fraser and Executive Vice President Peter Fellows.

The Jubilee, held at and around the Schoolhouse, will include tours of the Schoolhouse (by a docent in costume),  a large display of many historical pictures, maps and documents of old Mamaroneck, historic programs, local school groups singing throughout the day, 200-year-old supervised games available for children to play, a display of antique toys, face painting, souvenirs for sale (buttons, T-shirts, tote bags, coolers, maps and other memorabilia) ,  a calliope, antique fire trucks, a WWII jeep, and Walter’s Hot Dog truck. 

For more information, call:  381 - 5693  or 834 - 2983